Saturday, April 12, 2008

The One With The Questions

When I woke up this morning and went to the kitchen, my mom said "Wouldn't it be nice to have nasi lemak for breakfast?" (My mom is using leading question. She is trying to make me to say things she wants me to or perhaps to even make me bo guy the things she wants me to). And I replied "Yeah, I feel like having spicy food for breakfast". Being a good daughter that I am (hehe), I went buying nasi lemak for whole family.


At the nasi lemak stall, the seller asked me..
- how many nasi lemak do I want?
- boiled or fried eggs?
- any side dishes? chickens? squids?
- how about the sambal? a little or alot?
(The seller is implying the interrogative questions. He's trying to gain informations from me)

Later in the evening, I was lying around when my sister suddenly called..

She: What are you doing?
Me: Nothing. Just watching tv.
She: But there's no interesting stuff to watch on tv right? Aren't you're bored? (Here my sister is using rethorical questions as premises and the conclusion is to persuade me to go out with her)
Me: Ahahaha. Why?
She: Let's go out!

I laughed after my sister asked "Aren't you're bored?" because I knew there's a catch! It's either she wanted me to accompany her to go somewhere or she wanted me to babysit my nephew. And I was right! Hoho

No comments: